Less than truckload, or LTL, is a shipment term for freight that does not need full truckload service. These shipments typically are under an eight pallet threshold. LTL provides a way to transport your products to their destination in an efficient, cost effective way, when you do not require the use of an entire truck.
LTL is one of the most complicated modes of transportation. With so much involved, and the safety and security of your goods at stake, it is essential to obtain help you can trust. Concept International Transportation Inc. is a 3PL third party logistics provider that puts its customers first.
We hold our team of employees in such high regard that we empower them to act in our customers’ best interests. This is one of the core values behind everything we do.
Here is why you should trust Concept International Transport Inc. to arrange your LTL transportation:
- We have access to a nationwide network of LTL carriers.
- We have been working with a select group of lane and service specific carriers, both regionally and nationwide, since 1988, and as a result have built strong, secure relationships.
- The volume of our customer base and our relationship to a network of LTL carriers means we can pass cost savings on to you.
- We work with carriers that specialize in the needs of LTL shipping, such as residential pickups and deliveries, inside delivery, lift gate services, notification prior to delivery, freeze protection, and guaranteed services.
- We are skilled in simplifying the LTL process and finding a good solution for you.
- We arrange for your goods to be transported quickly and safely and in compliance with the laws governing transportation.
What to Consider When Using LTL
When using LTL services there are many things to consider. These include the following:
- Assessorial charges for services other than driving.
- Freight classification.
- Weight and type of goods.
- Routing and distance.
- Rates, tolls, border crossing fees, deadhead, etc.
- Packing, shrink-wrapping, pallet jack, etc.
- Documentation, such as the bill of lading, which must accompany shipped goods.
- Compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws regarding transportation.
These are just some of the considerations that are necessary. With so much involved, LTL can seem confusing or downright baffling! Let the experts at Concept International Transportation do all the hard work for you and find a solution that meets or exceeds your goals.
We take pride in arranging relationships that enable us to act as an extension of your company. Let us arrange LTL transportation for you, for a fraction of the cost of hiring an entire truck and trailer for your exclusive use.