Flatbeds are trailers with no enclosures or doors. They’re specifically meant to haul equipment or commodities that are too large to fit in a van. One of the great features of these trailers is that they can be easily loaded and unloaded from the sides or the top. They’re perfect for oversized or irregularly shaped commodities. Since the trailer doesn’t have a roof, a door, or sides, the shipment must be able to withstand the environment.
Flatbeds come in different types and configurations. They include legal flatbed trailers, step trailers, double drop trailers, removable goose neck trailers, stretch flatbed trailers, stretch single-drop deck trailers, and stretch double-drop deck trailers. Here at Concept Logistics we’ll help you find the right Flatbed to haul your freight.
Take a look at a few reasons why you should rely on us for your Flatbed requirements:
- We are the truckload experts in the industry.
- We’ve forged strong relationships with our network of leading truckload carriers to help you streamline your shipping needs.
- We liaise with a broad range of reliable local and national carriers, all of whom are carefully selected and pre-screened.
- Our team of transportation specialists will help you secure the right flatbed trucks and load securing equipment, enabling you to transport your cargo on time and on budget.
- We even offer data analysis of your current shipping costs and help you find excellent alternatives to maximize your savings.
What to Consider When Using Flatbeds
There are a few things about Flatbeds you ought to know. They are as follows:
- They have a maximum weight capacity of 40-48,000 lbs.
- Legal Flatbed trailers are approximately 48’ in length, 8.5’ in width, and 5’ in height.
- The size of the shipment for legal flatbed trailers should not be more than 50’ in length, 8.5’ in width, and 8.5’ in height. These dimensions vary according to the type of flatbed trailer selected.
- If the dimensions of the shipment fall outside the legally permitted range, a specialty trailer or a heavy haul transporter will have to be used instead.
- Flatbeds are ideal for shipping construction equipment, cargo that needs to be loaded by cranes, building or infrastructure components, as well as irregularly shaped items.
Here at Concept Logistics, we train our Open-Deck team to manage all your freight transportation needs so you have an advantage over your competitors. We completely understand the basics of shipping legal flatbed loads and we’ll help you find the right transportation solution to help you haul oversized loads legally.
Our goal is to work together and provide you with the right tools and resources to meet your supply chain requirements. We’ve been serving customers in the Buffalo area for 29 years and we’ve grown into one of the nation’s leading single-source transportation solution providers.